MONET publications are both distinctive in scope and distinct from other funded research of Center members; all publications acknowledge MONET and the NSF CCI program as the sole source of federal funding for MONET senior investigators.
14. T. Yamamoto, J.A. Campbell, S. Panyukov, and M. Rubinstein, “Scaling Theory of Swelling and Deswelling of Polymer Networks”, Macromolecules, 55, 3588–3601 (2022) doi: 10.1021/acs.macromol.1c02553
13. C.I. Nkanga, O.A. Ortega-Rivera, M.D. Shin, M.A. Moreno-Gonzalez, and N.F. Steinmetz, “Injectable Slow-Release Hydrogel Formulation of a Plant Virus-Based COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate”, Biomacromolecules, 23, 1812-1825 (2022) doi: 10.1021/acs.biomac.2c00112
12. Y. Sun, W.J. Neary, Z.P. Burke, H. Qian, L. Zhu, and J.S. Moore, “Mechanically Triggered Carbon Monoxide Release with Turn-On Aggregation-Induced Emission”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 144, 1125-1129 (2022) doi: 10.1021/jacs.1c12108
11. Z. Wang, X. Zheng, T. Ouchi, T. B. Kouznetsova, H. K. Beech, B. H. Bowser, S. Wang, J. A. Johnson, J. A. Kalow, B. D. Olsen, J. P. Gong, M. Rubinstein, and S. L. Craig, “Toughening Hydrogels Through Force-triggered Chemical Reactions that Lengthen Polymer Strands,” Science, 374, 193-196 (2021). DOI: 10.1126/science.abg2689 Free Full Article Link
10. B. H. Bowser, S. Wang, T. B. Kouznetsova, H. K. Beech, B. D. Olsen, M. Rubinstein, and S. L. Craig, “Single-event Spectroscopy and Unravelling Kinetics of Covalent Domains Based on Cyclobutane Mechanophores,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 143, 5269-5276, (2021). DOI: 10.1021/jacs.1c02149
9. T.-S. Lin, N. J. Rebello, H. K. Beech, Z. Wang, B. M. El-Zaatari, D. J. Lundberg, J. A. Johnson, J. A. Kalow, S. L. Craig, and B. D. Olsen, “PolyDAT: A Generic Schema for Polymer Characterization,” J. Chem. Inform. Modeling, 61, 1150-1163 (2021). DOI: 10.1021/acs.jcim.1c00028. **This article has been selected to be featured in ACS Editors’ Choice, through which it is sponsored for immediate, open access by ACS due to its potential for broad public interest, an honor given to only one article from the entire ACS portfolio each day of the year.
8. S. Wang, H. K. Beech, B. H. Bowser, T. B. Kouznetsova, B. D. Olsen, M. Rubinstein, and S. L. Craig, “Mechanism Dictates Mechanics: A Molecular Substituent Effect in the Macroscopic Fracture of a Covalent Polymer Network,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 143, 3714-3718 (2021). DOI: 10.1021/jacs.1c00265. Preprint available here.
7. S. P. O. Danielsen, H. K. Beech, B. M. El-Zaatari, X. Wang, D. J. Lundberg, G. Stoychev, L. Sapir, S. Wang, Z. Wang, T. Ouchi, P. N. Johnson, Y. Hu, S. L. Craig, J. A. Kalow, J. A. Johnson, B. D. Olsen, and M. Rubinstein, “Molecular Characterization of Polymer Networks,” Chem. Rev., online access (2021). DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.0c01304
6. B. M. El-Zaatari, J. S. A. Ishibashi, and J. A. Kalow, “Cross-linker control of vitrimer flow,” Polym. Chem., 11, 5339-5345 (2020) DOI: 10.1039/D0PY00233J
5. Y Gu, J Zhao, and J. A. Johnson, “Polymer Networks: From Plastics and Gels to Porous Frameworks,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 59, 2-30 (2020). DOI: 10.1002/anie.201902900
4. N. J. Oldenhuis, P. Qin, S. Wang, H.-Z. Ye, E. Alt, A. Willard, T. V. Voorhis, S. L. Craig, and J. A. Johnson, “Photoswitchable Sol–Gel Transitions and Catalysis Mediated by Polymer Networks with Coumarin‐Decorated Cu24L24 Metal–Organic Cages as Junctions,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 59, 2784-2792 (2020). DOI: 10.1002/anie.201913297 Highlighted on journal cover.
3. Y. Gu, M. Huang, W. Zhang, M. A. Pearson, and J. A. Johnson, “PolyMOF Nanoparticles: Dual Roles of a Multivalent polyMOF Ligand in Size Control and Surface Functionalization,” Angew. Chem. int. Ed., 58, 16676-16681 (2019). DOI: 10.1002/anie.201910542
2. T.-S. Lin, C. W. Coley, H. Mochigase, H. K. Beech, W. Wang, Z. Wang, E. Woods, S. L. Craig, J. A. Johnson, J. A. Kalow, K. F. Jensen, and B. D. Olsen, “BigSMILES: A Structurally-Based Line Notation for Describing Macromolecules,” ACS Cent. Sci., 5, 1523 (2019). DOI: 10.1021/acscentsci.9b00476. Highlighted in C&E News and elsewhere.
1. S. Wang, P. Sergey, M. Rubinstein, and S. L. Craig, “Quantitative Adjustment to the Molecular Energy Parameter in the Lake-Thomas Theory of Polymer Fracture Energy,” Macromolecules, 52, 2722-2727 (2019). DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.8b02341